If you have missing or damaged teeth and are ready to invest in the smile of your dreams, getting a teeth implants procedure in Encinitas is an excellent option. Of course, if you have only one missing or damaged tooth, a single tooth implant procedure in San Marcos CA is an equally great choice. The tooth implant procedure in San Marcos CA is a process of placing dental implants into your jawbone and this dental implant procedure consists of two main components: a metal post that is embedded in the bone and a prosthetic tooth on top.
The metal post portion of the dental implant is typically made of titanium or titanium alloy and is constructed like a screw, with several threads that fasten the metal tightly in place. In addition, through a process called “osseointegration”, the bone will literally fuse with the dental implant in the few months, making the dental implant procedure in Encinitas and San Marcos CA a very durable, enduring solution.
The tooth implant procedure requires that the prosthetic tooth is then attached to the dental implant after it has healed and attached itself. Perfectly matched to the color of your existing teeth, the replacement dental crown is virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth, making your smile gorgeous once again. The tooth implant procedure also makes eating, biting, and chewing comfortable again.
Tooth Implant Procedure
The tooth implant procedure is straightforward.
- After evaluating whether you qualify for a tooth implant procedure or dental implant procedure, one of our well-trained doctors takes a detailed impression of both of your upper and lower arches and sends them to the dental lab for casting. The casts are articulated and barium sulfate teeth are placed in the proper dental implant sites for the dental implant procedure.
- A scanning appliance is created by the lab and returned to La Costa Dental Excellence in Encinitas and San Marcos CA, where one of our doctors analyzes the scanning appliance for proper fit. You will then be sent for a CT scan to determine the dental implant procedure.
- After the CT scan, the information is loaded into specialized software, designed to precisely determine the precise position for the dental implant procedure.
- The finished surgical appliance is completed by the lab and returned to Dr. Dankworth in Encinitas, who positions and installs the dental implant posts into the bone.
- The final step to the dental implant procedure is the post or posts are then able to have the porcelain crowns placed. Finally, with a dental implant procedure you have your lovely smile back–good as new!
Call the doctors at La Costa Dental Excellence in Encinitas and San Marcos CA today and we will be happy to give you all the information you need about the tooth implant procedure or dental implant procedure that can bring your brilliant smile back!