Dentures or Implants
If you have few or no teeth, you have most likely considered getting dentures or implants in Encinitas and San Marcos CA. For many years, these were your only option, and considering the alternative, were a blessing. However, traditional dentures have many drawbacks. There is a more up to date dental technology in Encinitas and San Marcos that now offers you a choice – dental implants that can support a dental bridge. So the question you might be asking yourself is dentures or implants. Looking at the drawbacks of traditional dentures compared to the benefits of a dental bridge supported by implants, the choice of dentures or implants in Encinitas and San Marcos CA may be one the easiest decisions you can ever make!
The many drawbacks caused by traditional dentures are:
- Because they rest right on top of your gums, the dentures have no real support. Thus, the gums and jawbone lack the stimulation of your natural tooth roots to keep them strong and healthy.
- Bone loss, receding gums, and altering your facial shape is not uncommon for those who wear dentures.
- Dentures often need resizing to make sure they fit on the patient’s receding gums, meaning more visits to their dentist.
- Denture wearers can be at risk for periodontal disease.
- Dentures often slip and slide, cause gum irritation, afford less than satisfactory chewing support, and impaired talking ability.
- Dentures can cause embarrassing clicking or sucking noises, and wearers often experience decreased taste in the food they eat.
So – Dentures or Implants?
In the case of one missing tooth, a dental implant in San Marcos CA and Encinitas seems the natural choice. But how can dentures or implants help if you have several teeth missing? Implant supported dentures are an excellent option because the dental bridge is attached to implants that are sturdy, permanent replacements for a missing tooth or teeth. Instead of getting all your teeth replaced with dental implants, which can be costly, you get one dental implant and then have the dental bridge attach so it is secure. The dental implants in Encinitas and San Marcos CA offer chewing support and stability for the dentures, which are attached to the top. In many cases, the dental bridge attachment allows the dentures or implants to be removed for easy cleaning.
Learn More About Dentures and Implants in Carlsbad!
If you have questions about a dental bridge, dentures or implants, we’d love to talk to you. Simply call, text, or contact La Costa Dental Excellence near Encinitas and San Marcos, CA today!